Wednesday 21 February 2018

Is There ANY Doubt?

Today, I posted recorded delivery letters to the Mayor, Mr Marvin Rees and head of Estate Management, Mr Paul Bannerman as well as my MP, Karin Smith.

Having sent this email (Fri 16/02, 18:25) to Lisa Joyner re. her planned visit:

"Your letter of 12th February was received today.

No, next Friday is not convenient as I have a medical appointment and several others this month. 

I have absolutely no wish to speak to you about the garden, especially after a number of Winter storms and before the yearly gardening begins.

Any future appointment(s) will need to be convenient to my solicitor being present.  

T. Hooper"

And today I received this response:

"Dear Mr Hooper,

Thank you for your email regarding my visit this Friday.

Please confirm when is convenient to meet with yourself and you solicitor.  I appreciate that it is not the best time of year for gardening, however, I notice that complaints have been received regarding the garden for the past several year.  I wanted to meet with you to see if there is any support the Council can offer you with regard to the upkeep of your garden. 

It is a condition of your tenancy that the garden is maintained :-
2.19        You must maintain your garden including any hedges and trees and not park any vehicle, caravan or trailer in your garden without having a properly constructed driveway with dropped kerb (see 2.14 above).

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Lisa Joyner

Estate Management (100TS)
Lisa Joyner
Bristol City Council
P O Box 3176
BRISTOL
BS3 9FS


Now I have never owned a car, do not drive or have a trailer or caravan and do not have a driveway.  So why not just say "garden including any hedges or trees"?

Also, as Ms Joyner called around twice herself and found no problem -after those visits she sent other council officers.  That is 22 years of garden inspections and photographs.  EVERY time it was found that there were no problems and yet she refers to "complaints over the years".  There are reports on those visits and one council official told me the records show that I garden in my "own way" but no problems -and I was told there was a note saying that I had had a number of problems with neighbours.

The last council officer who called around found no problem. A warning was supposedly given to someone about "malicious complaints" and it was made clear that unless the council provided evidence of a complaint having been made legal action was my next option.  Out of the blue no complaint but a "Council patch inspection" (which involved no one calling around or inspecting my garden) noted problems to which I responded with photos of the garden that very day proving the claim was false.  There followed another letter and I responded in the same way.

Now its concern over the number of complaints received over the years about my garden -all were fulling investigated at the time.  And I do not appreciate the implication that I am so physically inept that I cannot garden -I am 60 not 80 years old and this is just insulting.

I am not, obviously, going to suggest a date for a visit and will await the response from Messrs Bannerman and Rees

No comments:

Post a Comment