These images/clips were shown to Bonnie Williams Housing Officer – South Central Bristol (Bristol City Council) and these along with many other images were on a USB drive handed to her for BCC to assess and decide upon any action that needed to be taken. Although Ms Williams did not want to accept the USB and just wanted some images from recent incidents sent via email I refused to accept the USB drive back -reecorded on camera.
Ms Williams, despite being told that there was one very clear image of the woman in the 3 January 2025 incident which was sent to the Estate Management (as were all images from before/after) -my copy became corrupted as I tried to transfer it, stated "You can't see her face though".
These are not security cameras but trail cams left outside to monitor wildlife.
At one point, after being given permission to take photos of the garden -where the damage had been done- Ms Williams turned her camera to a poplar tree on the other side of the garden at which pointy I asked why she was taking photos of that and not the damage she was there to talk about? When I confirmed that no branches from the two trees chopped down had NOT been over MY fence into the neighbour's garden Ms Williams stated "Well there were some leaves on her grass when I was in there" -I told her that of course there were leaves in that garden because they had been hacking at the trees so leaves would come loose.
As I saw Ms Williams in the neighbours garden before shye called on me I told her that (and I repeated this twice) that you do not go to the person complained about and then go and see the person who complained. Only at the very end of our conversation did Ms Williams tell me that she had been to the neighbour as she had complained about my trees (AFTER choppiong them down).
I have noted in a previous post how an area officer called on me regarding a "property audit" in which she had no interest only to leave, stop and say "Oh. Before I go let me make sure there was nothing I forgot" -badly acted and obviously I was now going to learn the real reason for the visit. The same neighbour had reported me after finding a nettle in her garden. I responded "Well, tell her to cut it like anyone else". It was then inferred (well stated as fact) that the nettles came from my garden. We had none and I moved everything out of the way of my fence to prove it. I havce lived here since 2004 but it seems all the stops are pulled out whenever the neighbour in front complains.
To make it clear: when I moved inthe old woman who lived there had a bad nettle problem and I cut these back for her. At one point I dug down to try to remove roots but after 2 feet I realised they could not be gotten rid of. There is also a huge (helping the next old lady who moved in I dug 3 feet down only to find the roots were massive and nothing tried would kill t) root ball the bramble coming into my garden can be visibly trace back to and under/through the fence from that neighbour's garden.
Apparently none of the photographs of the trees before they were hacked down showing they were not hanging over the fence are of any use. Ms Williams did take photographs but since the trees had been hacked down on 11th August what use they would be I have no idea since there are no longer any tree branches/ I did note that three times Ms Williams mentioned the state of my garden which was attempting to shift away from the main issue. I did point out that the gardenj was well maintained and added that as far as I was concerned the section of the gardenby my neighbours I would no longer deal with -this seemed acceptable as she said she would see about getting a team in to sort it out whenever needed.
Basically, as she left I made it clear that from the conversation she/BCC were once again going to do nothing and let us down as long term tenants. There was really no apparent iserious nterest in the reported main incident -and thr eelder trees were planted by Bristol Corporation in the 1940s when the old prefabs were built (they planted either apple of elder trees. Mature treees that survived 8 decades gone. My hedgerow and rose bushes near the fence also mysteriously died away in 2025 after thriving since 2004.
I am awaiting (03 09 2026) a call from Ms Williams to ascertain exactly what will be done about the intimidation and trespass as well as criminal damage clearly seen in the video clips (see previous post). Ms Williams seemed to think it was a great idea for us to be put on a list to move. Today's call is supposed to be top complete a form on how this is badly affecting my sister's health.
Update
I waited until 1540 hrs for the call but nothing. I had to go to collect new meds for my sister so have asked for any form (online or via post) and have asked WHAT BCC will do about what happened. I gave up on the phone call and left hom,e at 1600hrs.
The email:
"Dr Mr Hooper,
Thank you for your email, I have just tried to give you a call but was unable to reach you. I apologise for not calling earlier today, I was called away to deal with an urgent matter and was unable to make contact sooner.
I would still like to complete the risk assessment with you regarding the impact this situation is having on yours and your sister's health. Would there be a suitable time tomorrow for me to call you?
I also note your concerns regarding the reported intimidation, trespass and damage to the trees. I will discuss these concerns with you when we speak and update you on the actions that can be taken.
Again, my apologies for missing you today, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Many Thanks"
The emphasis seems to be that WE should move and our details have been passed on to the relevant department. More time on the visit was spent looking away from the chopped down trees and fence damage, trespass and fly tipping -the whole reason for the visit. I am going to predict now, 05 09 2026, that there will be a decision based on the trees in my garden and how that has created the problem after 80 years of their existing. In fact the poplar tree near the gate is the only tree that I have concerns over.
In 2022 then Mayor Marvin Rees forwarded my concerns and I received a visit and inspection. In fact I asked the tree specialist whether he could check the other trees and the senior man to check if everyt hing looked okay and well kept -just in case. The senior man said it all looked well maintained with no overhanging branches. The tree specialist actually commented on a "fine collection of tree types". This is what Marvin Rees sent by email on 09 03 2022:
Dear Terry,
Thank you for your message of 17 February and for your patience while I replied.
My office referred your case to the responsible department for review and now understands that our Trees and Woodlands Manager was able to visit today to meet you and undertake an inspection of the tree. He has shared his professional assessment of the tree with my team, as with you, and I hope this provides reassurance.
Thank you once again for getting in touch.
Kind regards,
Marvin Rees
Mayor of Bristol
I am quite certain judging by the lack of interest in the trespass and cutting the trees down that I am going to hear that, basically, I am to blame since there was more emphasis on some tree leaves in the neighbours garden-there because of chiopping the trees down.
We shall see.
16 09 2026
I was correct. bcc intends to allow the neighbour (who it turns out was moved after causing problems at her previous address) to carry on doing what they are doing despite all the council rules and regulations on troublesome tenants.
I received this email:
Good Afternoon Mr Hooper,
I have liaised with my manager regarding this and was informed that if you can agree something yourself and the neighbour you could put a trellis or lattice on top of the fence but you would need to pay for that and arrange the work yourself. I contacted repairs regarding the security light and unfortunately this in not something they are able to assist with. I also contacted an organisation called We Care and Repair and they may be able to offer assistance with this. Would you be happy for me to pass your details on to them to contact you?
Many Thanks
Bonnie Williams
Housing Officer – South Central Bristol
Tenancy Management
I need to "discuss" my paying for a trestle to be put up with a neighbour who is threatening and commiting trespass/damage which the council has washed its hands of.
We will not have the security light fixed sa remain at the end of a long dark lane.
The fact that Ms Williamns called on the neighbour before visiting me and then photographed a poplar tree on the other side of the garden without permission all seems tp indicate the council is scared of the neighbour to the point that all tenantprotection is ignored.
The best solution the council can suggest is that WE move and until we move do not report any problems to them but to the police.
This is not ignoring the tenant but facilitating ongoing bad behaviour by a neighbour.
Ignore time stamps as I have never been able to change the factory settings.
The question is WHY was the neighbour in my garden after midnight looking under bushes?
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment