Saturday 14 December 2019

Before anyone asks...

Yes, there was a council contact after my last posting!

The phone rang and a woman identified herself -NOT by name- as calling from Bristol City Council. I was ready but rather than any non-existent complaint or follow up about repairs I was asked whether "as you've experienced problems at the property" I might consider moving.  There were two properties becoming available after Christmas "Both outside Bristol". 

I asked WHICH problems she was referring to but she ignored me and described both the available properties as "very nice". I said I was NOT considering moving.  I then moved on the out-standing repairs and the gap in the roof.  "Oh that's not my department. No hole in the rooves of the two properties on offer though!"

I then asked for her name -which she did not like and avoided.  I then told her I had to be insistent that she identify herself.  I was told that if I was not interested in either property the conversation was over".  I put the phone down first 😜😜

No doubt there is 'no record' of the call, the offer of rehousing or anything else as per usual. Maybe I need to lawyer up?

Any lawyers working for free out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment